Children Prayer Special Needs

NEVER LOSING FAITH

Mothers remember anniversaries of the important events in our children’s lives. While I have experienced many good and bad moments with my sons, Matthew and Jacob, two days will forever be etched in my memory. On August 10, 2014, I received that call that mothers dread. I was at home working when my husband, Barry, called to tell me Jacob was in an ATV wreck two hours away from our home in Cartersville, Georgia. I remember rushing out of work, telling my co-workers he had been hurt. Once we drove there, we found Jacob talking and yelling. But 15 minutes after our arrival, he started vomiting and aspirated vomit into his lung. The nurses sedated Jacob and put him on a ventilator. It was the last time he spoke for 10 months. Jacob spent two months in a coma and six months in a minimally conscious state. But even that night, I had a peace about me. I didn’t leave his side for eight weeks. The second date I will never forget is August 17, 2014. That’s the night the doctors told me Jacob was dying. I told the doctor, “No, I am sorry but you are wrong, God told me He was not done with Jacob yet, so you need to do what you need to do, because it’s not Jacob’s time yet. Call the neurosurgeon and see what can be done.”  The doctor told the nurse I was in  denial. They contacted the neurosurgeon who said the only thing to do was a craniotomy which would remove a portion of Jacob’s skull. Since his brain had already started herniating, Jacob had only a 1% chance to live. I said “You do your 1%, because God is going to do the other 99%. He is not finished with Jacob yet.” Three years later, Jacob is still here. While he can’t see, he entertains us with his witty sayings and faith in God. It hasn’t always been easy taking care of a son with a brain injury but God has been faithful. I share my story with others going through tough trials to offer hope and share my faith. I tell them to never lose faith, because even if you have just a 1% chance, God may do the other 99%.

Know Someone We Should Feature? Click Here!

You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  • Reply
    Luis Tellez
    January 10, 2018 at 6:03 pm

    Praise God! What an inspirational story of LOVE and FAITH all mixed together!
    It could not come at a better time, thank u Lord for directing me to this beautiful testimony.
    I know that the Lord is in charge of my family and NOTHING can happen without HIS approval.
    God continue to bless your son and your family…..
    Thank you for blessing me!

  • Reply
    Cheryl
    January 10, 2018 at 11:09 pm

    ❤️❤️ love and faithfulness

  • Reply
    Debbie Butler
    January 11, 2018 at 6:52 am

    We are living the same story and have never doubted that God is in control. I will pray for your family.

  • Reply
    Mphatso
    August 1, 2018 at 9:44 am

    This is very inspiring, we really need to have faith in God.

  • Reply
    TERRY BOBERSKY
    August 1, 2018 at 12:06 pm

    IM AM SITTING HERE WITH TEARS IN MY EYES BECAUSE OF YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS. MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE AND KEEP THEIR FAITH WHERE IT BELONGS ALL THE TIME…..CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED. WHEN HE SAID IT IS FINISHED……HE MEANT IT. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR US TO DO OTHER THAN TRUST AND KEEP OUR FAITH IN HIM ALONE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. WHAT FAITH!!!! PRAISE GOD. PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY .

  • Leave a Reply

    X